Computer Systems Support Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Computer Systems Support Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: VP Engineering & IT
Responsible to assist local and remote users with resolving any computer, software, networking, communication system and other IT related service or hardware problems they might have. Supports Business Applications and Database Administrator and Network, Cloud and Computer Systems Administrator by executing routine maintenance tasks. Conducts basic computer and software employee training.
- Responsible for IT ticket system including providing level 1 support to all employees in a timely manner
- Setting up and configuring computers, tablets and phones, ensuring proper installation of operating systems appropriate software, cables and peripheral equipment.
- Responsible for maintenance and set up of all audio-visual equipment (i.e. projectors, televisions, conference phones, etc.) including providing support and training to users.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of all printers, copiers, scanners and other peripheral equipment
- Providing phone system support including configuration changes such as call routing, announcements, holiday calendars etc.
- Assist Business Application and Database Administrator and Network, Cloud and Computer Systems Administrator by executing routine maintenance duties such as monitoring, systems, interfaces, business processes and back-ups
- Assist Business Application and Database Administrator and Network, Cloud and Computer Systems by executing assigned project tasks.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking best practices; participating in professional societies
- Other duties assigned by supervisor as required
GENERAL WORKPLACE EXPECTATIONS:
- Is expected to work occasionally after hours, on weekends and holidays if required
- Understand and adhere to Globe Vision, Mission, and Core Beliefs.
- Adhere to all Globe policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues.
- BS in a related field ore equivalent experience
- 1 to 2 years experience in a IT help desk or similar function
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Windows 10 operating system
- Demonstrated advance knowledge of Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstrated practical hardware and network troubleshooting skills
- Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint and Windows Server knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple competing deadlines and priorities
- Excellent verbal communication skills and professional conduct
- Ability to follow written guidelines and instructions required
REQUIRED MENTAL/PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret software documentation, general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, software, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on occasion, and move within and between buildings
- Must be able to work on a computer using a keyboard and mouse for a prolonged time
- Work is generally performed in an office environment with occasional need to work in an assembly line and warehouse
- Occasionally work underneath office furniture or other structures is required
Interested Candidates should submit an email/letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Globe Food Equipment is an Equal Opportunity Employer.